Friday, February 25, 2011

The best Valentine's Day present


Our Valentine has arrived!
We have be waiting for the arrival of our little boy for 9 months and the time had finally come. Here is the story of his birth.
I began to dilated early I was 36 weeks and I was at 2cm. I was almost considered to be full term. My mom (Goose) was going to  fly in for his birth in a couple of weeks so I was trying to hold him in until she arrived in NYC, but the day she was supposed to come in she was sick with a sinus infection and she delayed her flight for a couple of days. I was bummed because I was scared I was going to go into labor and she would miss the birth and I was so uncomfortable. I had a doctor appointment on Friday morning and made an appointment to be induced on Wednesday Feb 16th , if he did not come on his own. Saturday came and I was so happy my mom was on her way and she did not miss anything. David picked her up at the airport and we had a nice night eating pizza and talking. Sunday the 13th we woke up and went to have brunch at David's parents house. We found out while we were there that his cousins had their baby. ( she was a week or two behind me) I could not believe it.  As we sat and ate bagels I kept having pains but thought it was because he was in a weird spot. After we finished eating I needed to return nursing bras, so we adventured  off to to the store. I continued to have the weird pains. I had to try on many different bras because nothing was fitting. After we finally found ones that fit we went home, I was tired.

While at home I sat on the couch and continued to have the pains and they were coming regularly and I said I think I am having contractions. They kept coming and were coming stronger. I said I think I am going to take a shower and blow dry my hair. I took a shower and sat down to blow dry my hair and the contractions were about 15 min apart. I called the ob who was on call and she told me to call back when they were 6 to 5 min apart. I blow dried my hair and when I was finished they were 4 to 5 min apart. I called the ob back and she said to come into the hospital. So we got ready and David's parents came over to watch Logan and we kissed her goodbye and headed out the door. I was in the elevator having a contraction  and I could not move and people were trying to get in and David said she is in labor. After it was over we walked  outside to get in a cab. we told the cab driver I was in labor and he said he would drive slowly and carefully, which he did.

we arrived at the hospital I keep having contractions as we walk to labor and delivery. we check in and need to fill out paper work. I filled it out between each contraction.  After filling out what we need we were called back to get checked out. The nurse put monitors on my stomach to keep track of my contractions and the baby's heart rate. One of the hospital doctors comes in and checks to see how far I was dilated, I was at 4cm. He tells us I have to call your doctor to see if she wants to admit you. I am thinking to myself no way am I going home to come right back here. He comes back and lets us know we are going to be admitted. They bring us into a much bigger room and hook me up to the the monitors again. I keep having contraction that are now stronger and closer together. David and I text all our friends and family to let them know we are going to have the baby. we were all watching the Grammy together. One of the ob from the office pokes her head in to let me know she was there. She told me she was coming right back and she was going to break my waters and give me some meds to help the contractions come closer together. I then ask for an epidural, I was at 6cm.


She comes in and breaks my bag of waters and the contractions come on really strong. I keep asking for the epidural at this point. I was in so much pain. The doctor then walks in to give me the epidural. She is not very nice, it is horrible to have to stay still while they are  putting a needle in your back. while they are putting the needle in I could feel the baby's head coming closer. I did not say anything because I needed the meds. When they were done and I close my eyes hoping the pain would start to go away and right then I felt the baby's head. I told my mom and David he is here. my mom said are you sure? I said yes!!! David ran out of the room and tried to find the doctor. She ran in and took one look and said yep here he is. She said do not push let me get ready. I was crying for more pain meds because it hurt so bad. Dr. Choy said I can see his head one push and he will be out. I  said I can not do it. She Said he is right here. I pushed a big push and he did not come out. I pushed really hard the second time and his head came out. I pushed one more time and I heard a cry. He was here!!! David said he has hair. The doctor then put him on my chest and I got to see my beautiful baby boy!!


Caiden Richard Smoke. Born 2/14/11 at 12:51 am. weighing 8 pounds 9 ounces and 20 3/4 inches long.


We could not have ask for a better Valentine's present then this. We are all totally in love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment