Wednesday, May 25, 2011

only parents understand!

I use to give dirty looks to parents when I saw their kids laying on the floor screaming and crying and kicking their feet. Now when I see it happening I just laugh to myself because I totally know how it feels!

Today Logan through a huge tantrum, the biggest one I have seen. We were coming home from Caiden's dance class. ( which she was so good in) She wanted to get French Fries, I told her I could not get them now because it was nap time but we could get them after her nap. She started screaming and crying that she wanted them NOW!!!! She was scream so loud that everyone was looking at me as I walk down the street. When we got in our building she jumped out of her stroller and tried to run out to go get French fries. I was waiting for the elevator as Logan was on the floor screaming. The people waiting for the elevator were giving me looks and I am sure were thinking can't that lady controller her kid. ( that's what always went through my mind) When Logan is in this state you have to ignore her until she is ready to start to calm down on her own, if you try to reason with her she starts to scream more. We got up stairs and she was still screaming, I shut the door and she try to unlock it but could not. So she tared down all the magnets on the door. I am thinking in my head who is this child?!? Then I sat her down on the chair and told her let me know when you are ready to talk. Then two seconds later she was ready, she gave me a big hug and slowly stop crying. Then she wanted to cuddle on the couch and read a book, She was back to my sweet loving baby girl! I think people that have had kids are the only ones who are sympathetic to a screaming child on the floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment