Thursday, April 7, 2011

Home is where the heart is

When I moved to New York 7 years ago, I would never consider calling this my home! People moved way too fast for me and were not friendly at all. Getting around was always a problem. Subways forget about it, too many people and way to confusing! Walking everywhere, I hated it!! Coming from California where we drive everywhere, even to the store across the street. Not until I had kids did I really start to love the city. There really is so much to love.

After having Logan I joined a few mommy group where I began to meet some really great people and their wonderful kids. I would never have done that if I lived in CA. I love going to the parks and seeing tons of kids playing, in California we walk to the parks and they are almost always empty because people play in their backyards. I do not drive anymore so getting around in California is really hard. Now I love to take walks with the kids and even by myself on a nice warm day. People watching is a lot of fun and just running into people you know on almost every street corner. I learned the subway system pretty quickly, now I know where to get on the train to get off at the closes exit to my stop. I enjoy all the free stuff the city has to offer. I am even enjoying winter more. Going to your local coffee or bagel store and they know your order by heart, still amazes me. I live in such

area that makes it feel like a great community where people are willing to help out ( not always) but a good amount of times. I am proud to say I am a new yorker now but I will always miss California and my family and friends who live there but I heart New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment