Today Caiden had a dermatologist appointment to check out his birth mark on his hand, just to make sure everything was alright. Everything was fine, doctor said to come back only if things change. The appointment it self went well but the trip getting there was a nightmare!!
I took a cab because it was down in Tribeca. Getting in the cab was easy, driver was super nice and help me with the stroller while I put the seatbelt on the car seat. I did not realize how long it would take me to get down there and we hit tons of traffic, so I was running late. We get there and the driver helps me take the stroller out while I take the car seat out. I am 10 minutes late at this time. I try to open the stroller but it will not open. I try everything to get the stroller to open. I worked with it for about 10 minutes before calling David up and asking him how the heck do I open this thing!! He is explaining it to me but it still not budging. At this time I am thinking in my head how am I going to carry this stroller and the car seat to the doctors?!? I start kicking the stroller ( like that would help) until this nice couple walk by and ask if I needed help. I said yeas please!! So he works on it for awhile and finally it opens!! Thank you!!! I am super late at this point.
It is my first time at this doctor so I had no clue where I was going. I wrote down 219. So I started to walk up and down the street looking for 219. I walked back and forth, back and forth. Finally I asked a nearby police man. He said 219 was 6 blocks away, I said really this is the cross streets. Then I looked across the street and there was 291. I walked over to take a look and sure enough I wrote down the wrong address. I tried to go inside and there was a few steps to walk up, the car seat stroller is heavy to lift so I struggle to get in. Finally I made it upstairs and in the office.
I explained that I wrote down the wrong address and they were very nice. They ask for my insurance card, I give it to them and they said this is the hospital card. really I brought the wrong one! Luckily they were able to look up the right card number from the card I gave them.
So we saw the doctor glad everything was good.
lesson learned I need to slow down take a breath and realize everything is going to be ok. Things could be worse!!
No comments:
Post a Comment